The Virginia Children’s Book Festival team is a group of dedicated volunteers that works tirelessly to bring opportunity to every child, regardless of circumstance. Founded by Juanita Giles and Katie Snyder in 2011, the VCBF has grown into the largest children’s book festival on the East Coast. In addition to providing our centerpiece festival free of charge, the VCBF donates thousands of books each year, established libraries at juvenile detention centers, operates a mobile READcart, provides programming for children with special needs, produces an annual mural project, and more.
The VCBF is part of Eleven Pictures, LTD, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We acknowledge no goods or services were provided to you in return for your contribution.
What We Do
Special Needs Programs
Hip Hop in Children’s Literature
Technology and Reading Initiative
Civil Rights in Children’s Literature
Who We Are
- Juanita Giles, Executive Director
- Kalimah Carter and Shannon Nusbaum, School Outreach
- Nikki Kain and Virginia Watson, Volunteers and Community Engagement
- Nash Osborn and Matthew McWilliams, Special Programs
- Libby Blanton, Development
- Ashley Crute, Junior Council
- Charlotte Farley, Grant Writer
Please contact us to volunteer, sponsor, or talk about our programming
Let's Work Together!